27 January, 2009

Just Another Fad Diet?



There's a new diet fad that has hit Japan and is now being introduced to the West. It's dubbed as "The Morning Banana Diet". It is as simple as eating one banana each morning. The official website promises two weeks to see the result... Not from eating all those bananas but "because the rules have had the effect of making you eat less food (notwithstanding whatever magical claims a diet may make). "

Yes, there are a handful of Rules to follow but simple ones as well.

Hmmm... I found this site just when I was going crazy here trying to figure out a quick way to lose weight (again???). This must be heaven-sent. I'm not fond of bananas at all but I think this one is worth a try.

4 comments:

Khaye said...

I'll try this diet as well. :)

I've read your posts and I really enjoyed your entries. This site is like a box of surprises!I am following you.

Bing Yap said...

khaye, thank you for the nice comment and for following me. this blog is where i vent out my goofy side. if you have time, please check out my other blog as well.

bing(",)

Healthy08 said...

Hey,
I've been on it for a little while too! I found some more info on the science at http://www.dolenutrition.com/bananadiet/bananadiet.htm The bananas help weight loss because they contain resistant starch, which ferments in the large intestine, creating by-products that block conversion of some carbohydrates into fuel, so replacing ordinary carbs with the resistant starch in bananas can boost fat burning. And banana fiber bulks up in your stomach, so you feel full for longer. At least for me, I still have to exercise. Oh and did you see it's on the Woman's World cover this month?

Bing Yap said...

Healthy08, thank you so much for the added info. I haven't really started on any meaningful slimming diet yet but I do intend to try this one out. Don't ask me when though. LOL!

Bing (",)